Thursday, March 05, 2009
Of the 8 items that made the police/sheriff reports in today's paper (which will be unavailable tomorrow), two concerned cows on the loose. Really, I like living in a small town where bovines are among the authorities' highest concerns. Here's the entire list:
- A ladder in the middle of South 23rd Avenue was causing a traffic hazard around 8 a.m.
- Police could not find a black cow that was reportedly out of its pasture off Stucky Road.
- An 86-year-old Bozeman woman was cited for shoplifting and released after she left a store on North 19th Avenue without paying for some items.
- Dog feces were left on the porch of a home on Sanders Avenue.
- A man who appeared to be passed out in a vehicle on North Seventh Avenue was just taking a nap between making deliveries.
- A reportedly vicious dog ran away when he heard the man he was threatening on Shadow Circle cock his shotgun. The dog was also vicious towards deputies. Its owner was warned.
- Two cows in a driveway on Norris Road were headed for the road around 9:30 a.m.
- The driver of a large semi-truck tried to run another driver off the road at the Logan interchange and flipped the man off.
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
All your downside are belong to us-- Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman gave that title to a recent post about taxpayers' and AIG. I love the fact that Krugman wins his field's highest prize and groks ancient Internet memes.
I had trouble finding the recycling drop off locations around Bozeman and Belgrade, so I created this map.
View Larger Map
View Larger Map